Jewelry & Fine Metals
Enameling Series: Forming Bowls With the Hydraulic Press
Learn how to make shallow copper bowls and decorate them with enamel.
- Thur, 11/2/2023 2:30:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Thur, 11/9/2023 2:30:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Thur, 11/2/2023 - Thur, 11/9/2023
Day 1: Using the hydraulic press and silhouette dies, you will form shallow bowls out of copper sheets. You also will learn how to finish the edges using the belt sander and grinder.
Day 2: Learn sifting techniques for bowls and decorate your copper bowls with enamel.
- Registration closes Oct.28th.
- A $40 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers enamels and copper sheets to make four bowls.
- Bring towels for drying hands and metal
- Optional: Embellishments to personalize your bowl decorations
- To make more bowls, bring 4.25” x 4.25” of 22- or 24-gauge copper for each bowl
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Hammond exhibits locally and nationally. Her work has been published in Metalsmith magazine’s Exhibition in Print. She is a member of the Seattle Metals Guild and an active volunteer and instructor at BARN.