Welding: TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) #1
Get hands-on instruction in Tungsten Inert Gas welding, different types of welds, and torch-and-filler rod manipulation.
- Sun, 10/22/2023 2:00:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding is generally recognized as the welding technique of choice for artisans working with more exotic materials including aluminum and stainless steel.
TIG welding is more difficult to learn than Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding since it requires greater hand/eye coordination and the simultaneous use of both hands and a foot (controlling the amperage pedal.) TIG welding is a precision process that's particularly useful in high-grade artwork and metal sculpture. The class includes shop safety, hazard awareness, and the proper use of personal protection equipment.
- Class is limited to four people to facilitate one-on-one learning and direct mentoring.
- A $20 Materials fee is included in the class price.
- Each participant will have the use of a fully equipped TIG welding station.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- BARN will provide personal protection equipment.
- Wear closed-toe shoes along with a long-sleeve shirt and long pants in natural fiber (preferably leather or cotton). Stretch fabrics are prohibited.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides