Both beginners and those who taken TIG #1 can benefit from this class, where you'll progress from making a basic TIG bead to the techniques and practices required to make TIG-welded joints. You'll learn how to perform different kinds of TIG welds – butt, lap, “T,” corner, and edge.
TIG welding requires more dexterity and practice than MIG welding. Students are encouraged to use open studios to practice their technique and develop confidence. The goal at the end of this class is to feel comfortable with the operation of the welding machine and the TIG welding process in performing different welds.
- A materials fee of $20, included in the cost of the class, covers steel coupons, gas, tungsten, and filler rod.
- Class is limited to four people to facilitate one-on-one learning and direct mentoring. You'll have the use of a fully equipped TIG welding station.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- BARN will provide personal protection equipment.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, as well as long sleeve shirts and pants of natural fiber. Stretch fabrics are prohibited.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides