Weaving: Beginning Tapestry Study Group
Curious about tapestry weaving? Sign up for Rebecca Mezoff's on-line class and join fellow weavers for a watch party.
- Wed, 10/18/2023 2:00:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Wed, 11/1/2023 2:00:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Wed, 11/15/2023 2:00:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Wed, 11/29/2023 2:00:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Wed, 10/18/2023 - Wed, 11/29/2023
We recommend you preview the lessons before each session:
Oct. 18: Welcome and set up
Nov. 1: Meet and separate, stripe practice, putting the header at the end of the tapestry
Nov. 15: Irregular hatching
Nov. 29: Square and slit tapestry, finishing up
You need to purchase the online class for $39 through Rebecca Mezoff's website. You'll need to bring proof of purchase to the first meeting.
- The $20 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, provides Array yarn from Gist. You're welcome to bring any other fiber to include in your project.
- If you need a loom, BARN has small Navajo-style looms you may use or you can purchase copper pipe loom kits we're putting together for purchase. The first session of the on-line course covers types of looms and fibers to help you decide what you want to use.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides