In this class you will learn:
- Drilling with a flex shaft vs. a drill press
- What drill bits to use
- Cold connection tips to add finishing touches to your jewelry
- No jewelry experience is needed.
- Registration closes Oct 21.
- A $25 materials fee. included in the cost of the class, covers all the materials you need.
- Bring any material you are interested in drilling.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Karin Luvaas is a Bainbridge Island artist and jeweler with a degree in encaustics, painting, and metal sculpture. She has studied under numerous jewelry masters including Blaine Lewis, founder of New Approach School for Jewelers in Tennessee, and achieved graduate jeweler status under Alan Revere of the world-renowned Revere Academy of San Francisco. Karin also is a GIA Graduate Gemologist and holds a Jewelers of America Bench Jeweler Technician certificate. Her current work can be seen at karinluvaas.com