Jewelry & Fine Metals
Lapidary Series: Inlay Channel Ring *Cancelled*
Learn how to cut stones for an inlay channel ring with a prefabricated sterling silver channel ring.$MC:ASSN_EVENTFUNCTIONS_BYDATE_PLC$
Mon, 10/30/2023 - Tue, 10/31/2023
Learn how to blend the ancient practice of inlay work with modern aesthetics.
Your materials kit will include two sterling silver channel ring blanks in the size of your choosing. If you only finish one in class, you will have a second ring to practice on during future open studios.
Day 1: Learn how to cut small pieces of gemstone material for a precise fit and inlay them into your ring.
Day 2: Continue inlay work, learn how to polish, and finish your new channel inlay ring.
- Level: Beginner/ Intermediate
- Registration closes Oct. 20 to ensure your preferred ring blank is ordered.
- A $35 materials fee, included in the price of the class, covers two sterling silver channel ring blanks. Once you register, you will receive an email requesting your preferred size ring blank (whole sizes only: 6, 7, 8, or 9) .
- Bring a selection of rocks to use in your work. Try to pick rock material that is around the same hardness on the MOHS scale.
- Think about color combinations you want to use.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.