Jewelry & Fine Metals
Lapidary Series: Intarsia Stone Cutting *Cancelled*
Learn how to combine different stone and metal materials to create your own one-of-a-kind cabochons.$MC:ASSN_EVENTFUNCTIONS_BYDATE_PLC$
Wed, 11/1/2023 - Thur, 11/2/2023
A centuries-old technique, Intarsia is a unique art form that combines the intricate cutting and arrangement of stones to create stunning mosaic-line designs.
Day 1: Learn how to perfect cutting and polishing small pieces of gemstone material for a precise fit.
Day 2: Continue inlay work, learn how to polish and finish your new unique cabochon designs.
- Level: Beginner/ Intermediate
- A $25 materials fee, included in the price of the class, covers all sterling silver material required.
- Please bring a selection of rocks to use in your work. Rocks are not provided in your materials kit.
- Think about color combinations you want to use.
- Try and pick rock material that is around the same hardness on the MOHS scale.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.