Jewelry & Fine Metals
Introduction to Jewelry: Skills Class
Learn how to safely and efficiently use jewelers' tools through demonstration and guided, hands-on practice.
- Tue, 9/26/2023 5:00:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Wed, 9/27/2023 5:00:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Thur, 9/28/2023 5:00:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Tue, 9/26/2023 - Thur, 9/28/2023
This class is for students of all experience levels to become familiar with the Jewelry Studio space and tools.
Start with a studio tour/facility walk-through and learn about the studio's guidelines, safety protocols, and policies. Learn how to order materials and tools, acquire a Jewelry Studio skills card, and all about open studio hours.
Skills covered include how to safely use a jeweler’s saw, bench shear, step shear, disc cutters, files, hammer identification, stamping tools, dapping tools, pliers, rolling mill, flex shaft, and buffing wheel. All of these skills will help you feel more comfortable and confident in our studio or yours and get you ready for project classes. You'll take home your sample exercises and handouts for future practice and revision.
- A $30 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers all materials needed.
- Registration closes Sept. 21st
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Because Sarah is a visual and tactile learner herself, her classes typically involve a lot of hands-on learning and printed information.
Sarah’s art has been displayed in the Seattle Metals Guild and Bainbridge Arts & Craft exhibitions. Her work is sold at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art. To view her recent work, visit www.foggyroaddesigns.com.