Fiber Arts, Tech Lab
Tech Talk: DittoForm - 3D Body Scans to Custom Dress Forms
Learn how a small manufacturing company uses 3D images to create life-size, carved models of real people.
- Sun, 10/29/2023 1:00:00 PM - 3:00 PM
See a demonstration of Artec Eva scanning equipment and learn how DittoForm Michigan LLC uses it to capture 3D digital images of real people. Those images are used to create foam models of the subjects. In the sewing world, these models are called custom dress forms and are used in the process of clothing and costume design.
Hear from Carol Huls, DittoForm's president and CEO, about the small company’s history and her own unexpected journey into entrepreneurship.
- Free, but please register.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides