Laser 101: Intro to Laser Cutter Operations
Learn how to safely operate BARN’s laser cutter, make a small item, and start qualifying to use the cutter independently.
- Fri, 9/22/2023 6:30:00 PM - 9:00 PM
This workshop is the first step toward becoming qualified for independent operation of the laser cutter. It also prepares you for more advanced laser cutting classes.
Learn how to prep a design for cutting and engraving as well as the set-up, settings, and operation of the laser cutter.
- Bring a laptop with Inkscape installed (Inkscape is a free design software we use with the laser cutter). There are versions for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- If you don't have a laptop you can bring to class, email email@example.com as BARN may be able to provide an alternative.
- Class is limited to four students.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides