Guided Woodworking Open Studio
For woodworkers of all skill levels looking to tackle a project with some help and guidance from an instructor.
- Sun, 10/15/2023 3:00:00 PM - 6:00 PM
You and, at most, one other woodworker will have access to an instructor to guide your work. You will share the shop and tools with others, just as in any open studio.
This experience promises to build your woodworking knowledge while increasing confidence and skill using the woodshop. It is open to beginning woodworkers, as well as those with more experience who are seeking help with an unfamiliar process or a technical challenge, such as determining the most suitable joinery or designing a jig.
- Bring your own materials.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry.
- We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- Orientation to the Woodshop
- Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 1 (if you want to use jointers, planers, table saws, chop saw, and/or drill presses)
- Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 2 (if you want to use bandsaws, routers, and router tables, scroll saws and three stationary sanding machines: edge, drum and spindle.
- If you have not already taken these classes, register for them before enrolling in this program. Please see our calendar.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides