Youth, Print & Book Arts
Youth Maker Mondays: Junk Journal Making (Ages 10-14)
Make two junk journals – handmade books made of recycled paper and whatever “junk” you can find that works!
- Mon, 11/6/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Mon, 11/13/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Mon, 11/20/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mon, 11/6/2023 - Mon, 11/20/2023
Let's make some fun and unique journals! Learn about different types of junk journals, make at least two unique journals by hand, and decorate pages using paper, stickers, stamps, and “junk” from your own home.
A junk journal is a handmade book made up of recycled items such as papers from magazines, patterned paper, music sheets, packaging, old books, maps, cards, doilies, and more. The books can be used as traditional journals, art journals, or scrapbooks. The list of possible materials and styles is endless, especially when your imagination is sparked! A combination of book making, collage, mixed media, and journaling, it's a great way to express your creativity.
- Parent/guardian registering a child for the first time: When you register, select "Others Only" in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, select "Add New Registrant." Create an account for your child.
- The next time you register your child, use "Search Registrants" to select them.
- If you did not enter your youth's emergency contact and Youth Waiver data when you created their account, complete and submit this minor permission form.
We are grateful to the city of Bainbridge Island for a cultural funding grant that enables us to reduce the costs of Youth Maker Monday classes for families.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides