Youth, Kitchen Arts
Youth Maker Mondays: Fresh Italian Cooking with Giovanni (ages 12-18)
Join Giovanni as he walks you through some amazing classic Italian techniques — it's never too early to learn how make pasta!
- Mon, 11/6/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Mon, 11/13/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Mon, 11/20/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
In this engaging three-week course, you'll dive headfirst into the world of culinary arts. Our journey kicks off with a comprehensive kitchen lesson on the essential foundations of food handling and safety. From there, you'll roll up your sleeves and delve into the art of knife skills and a variety of cooking techniques.
As we progress, you'll uncover the magic of turning raw ingredients into delectable and wholesome dishes. Get ready to cook your way into the heart of Italian cuisine as we explore and recreate some of the most cherished dishes from Italy. You'll not only learn new skills but also discover exciting culinary tastes that you can share and enjoy with your family.
Nov. 6: Knife skills, easy sauces, kitchen safety
Nov. 13: Fun with fresh pasta
Nov. 20: Bringing it all together with potato gnocchi and a fresh sauce
- Parent/guardian registering a child for the first time: When you register, select "Others Only" in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, select "Add New Registrant." Create an account for your child.
- The next time you register your child, use "Search Registrants" to select them.
- If you did not enter your youth's emergency contact and Youth Waiver data when you created their account, complete and submit this minor permission form.
We are grateful to the city of Bainbridge Island for a cultural funding grant that enables us to reduce the costs of Youth Maker Monday classes for families.
- Ages 12-18 are welcome.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes to class.
- You need to be registered for the class (no drop-ins).
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides