Understanding Beer: Tour of Belgium
This tour of Belgium beers is part of a series on the beers of Germany, Belgium, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
- Mon, 10/30/2023 6:30:00 PM - 8:30 PM
People have been making beer for thousands of years. In that time, geography and technology have shaped the ingredients used to brew beer and have produced the wide range of flavors and styles recognized today. The next stop in our beer journey is Belgium. Some of the beers most commonly associated with this country are witbier, saison, blond, dubbel, Flanders, and lambic. You can expect to learn what makes these beers unique and sample a number of them so you can tell first-hand what sets them apart from one another.
This is part of a "beer tour" series, with each class designed to stand alone, although the entire series will provide you with a deep understanding of beer styles around the world. Each class is a guided tasting led by a skilled home brewer and brewery manager. In each class, you'll develop your sensory skills as you explore the flavors and aromas of the beer for which each region is famous.
- Ages 21 and up are welcome.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes to class.
- Each participant must be registered for the class (no drop ins).
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides