Understanding Beer: Tour of the UK
This tour of UK beers is part of a series on the beers of Germany, Belgium, UK and the United States.
- Mon, 12/4/2023 6:30:00 PM - 8:30 PM
People have been making beer for thousands of years. In that time, geography and technology shaped the ingredients used to brew beer and have produced the wide range of flavors and styles recognized today.
The next stop in our beer journey is a whirlwind through Britain, Scotland, and Ireland. Some of the beers most commonly associated with the UK are porter, stout, brown, IPA, bitters, wee heavy, and English barleywine. You can expect to learn what makes these beers unique and sample a number of them so you can tell first-hand what sets them apart from one another.
This is the final class in our "beer tour" series. Each stand alone class has been a guided tasting led by an accomplished home brewer and brewery manager.
Thanks for joining us and stay tuned for upcoming classes on home brewing!
- Ages 21 and up are welcome.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes to class.
- Each participant must be registered for the class (no drop ins).
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides