Jewelry & Fine Metals
Intro to Vacuum Casting
Learn how easy and fun vacuum casting can be in this two-day jewelry-making class.
- Sat, 11/11/2023 10:00:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Sun, 11/12/2023 10:00:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sat, 11/11/2023 - Sun, 11/12/2023
This exciting course is designed for beginners eager to explore the art of jewelry casting. You'll have the opportunity to cast a variety of materials including organic substances, found objects, pre-carved wax pieces, or any 3D prints you may have. We will be casting in sterling silver.
- Day 1: We'll discuss the art of integrating botanicals and other organic components into your design concepts. We'll quickly move on to casting prep, where we'll cover valuable techniques for spruing and investing your found objects, as well as any pre-carved waxes or 3D prints.
- Day 2: Learn the fundamentals of vacuum casting and the equipment needed. Cast your invested flasks and explore techniques for finishing and polishing your jewelry.
- A $30 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers 25 grams of sterling silver for one small 3- x 2.5-inch flask. You may cast more if you choose. Bring cash or check to pay for extra materials.
- You can bring found objects, pre-carved waxes, or 3D prints to class.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides