Kiln Carving with Fused Glass
Add 3D to your fused glass creations!
- Sun, 1/7/2024 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Tue, 1/9/2024 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Sun, 1/7/2024 - Tue, 1/9/2024
Kiln carving can move your glass past a flat surface as you learn to create texture and a sculptured appearance in your piece. Learn how to take your kiln-carved piece in new directions by adding embellishment, additional texture, and colors.
You'll discuss and explore a series of design inspiration boards (provided) to spark your creative design ideas.
Class 1: Discuss design fundamentals and plan your project. Inspiration boards will expand your creativity in transforming a flat piece of glass into 3D form using the kiln-carving technique.
Class 2: Create your own kiln-formed bas relief using an X-Acto knife and fiber paper. Additional firings may be necessary to achieve your finished design, and that will be possible as you learn studio processes for working independently in the Glass Studio.
- Experience Level: Beginners are welcome. No previous glass experience required.
- Feel free to bring a lunch or snack for the half-hour lunch break. There is a refrigerator and microwave on the lower level.
You will make a 12” x 12” platter of your own design in beautiful, fused glass.
- Ages 18 and up are welcome.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and long pants in the Glass Arts Studio at all times.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides