Guided Woodworking Open Studio
For woodworkers of all skill levels looking to tackle a project with some help and guidance. A unique opportunity to work with a professional woodworker whose vast experience can help guide you towards the successful completion of your project.
- Sun, 11/5/2023 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
You and one other woodworker (at most) will work under the guidance of a professional woodworker whose vast experience can help guide you towards the successful completion of your project.
- Guided instruction is limited to a maximum of 2 students
- Please note that if only 1 student is registered, the duration of the session will be reduced to 1-1/2 hours instead of 3 hours for 2 students.
- Students are welcome to stay and work on projects during the remaining open studio hours
This experience promises to build your woodworking knowledge while increasing confidence and skill using the woodshop. It is open to beginning woodworkers, as well as those with more experience who are seeking help with an unfamiliar process or a technical challenge, such as determining the most suitable joinery or designing a jig.
- Bring your own materials.
- You will share the shop and tools with others, just as in any open studio.
- Orientation to the Woodshop
- Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 1 (if you want to use jointers, planers, table saws, chop saw, and/or drill presses)
- Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 2 (if you want to use bandsaws, routers, and router tables, scroll saws, and three stationary sanding machines: edge, drum, and spindle.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry.
- We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides