Wood Lathe Tool Sharpening
Learn to sharpen the tools you need to turn spindles, bowls, and other projects on the wood lathe.
- Mon, 11/6/2023 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM
To turn wood effectively and enjoyably, you need sharp tools with high-quality profiles.
Learn to sharpen gouges according to BARN protocol and gain an understanding of how to sharpen other tools (e.g., skews, parting tools, scrapers).
If you would like advice on your own tools, you are welcome to bring them.
This skills class is strongly recommended for students who have completed Intro to Woodturning or are enrolled in Intro to Bowl Turning. The class is required for any turners who wish to use BARN turning tools on an ongoing basis.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry.
- We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides