Jewelry & Fine Metals
Introduction to Jewelry: Skills Class
Learn how to safely and efficiently use jewelers' tools through demonstration and guided, hands-on practice.
- Sat, 1/20/2024 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sun, 1/21/2024 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Whether you are new to the craft or need a refresher, here's a way to become familiar with the Jewelry & Fine Metals Studio space and tools.
The skills card skills that will be covered in this class include: how to safely use a jeweler’s saw, bench shear, step shear, disc cutters, files, hammer identification, stamping tools, dapping tools, pliers, rolling mill, flex shaft, drilling, grinder, sander, and buffing wheel. We'll also discuss how to order materials and tools.
Through instructor demonstration and hands-on practice exercises, all of these skills will help you feel more comfortable and confident in our studio or yours and get you ready for project classes. You'll take home your sample exercises and handouts for future practice and revision.
- Skill level: All levels
- Registration closes Jan. 15
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Because Sarah is a visual and tactile learner herself, her classes typically involve a lot of hands-on learning and printed information.
Sarah’s art has been displayed in the Seattle Metals Guild and Bainbridge Arts & Craft exhibitions. Her work is sold at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art. To view her recent work, visit www.foggyroaddesigns.com.