Gain confidence using the jewelers torch while learning new skills and techniques.
You'll learn through instructor demonstration and guided, hands-on practice exercises. Using the the jewelry industry standard Smith® Little Torch and a propane/oxygen torch, you'll practice a variety of soldering techniques, tips, tricks and tools of the trade.
You'll take home your soldering sample exercises and handouts for future practice and revision.
- Experience level: Beginner to intermediate
- We'll take one 15- to 30-minute break if you want to bring food or snacks. BARN has a refrigerator and microwave on the lower level.
- A $30 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers needed class materials.
- You should bring a cotton apron and a hand towel.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Because Sarah is a visual and tactile learner herself, her classes typically involve a lot of hands-on learning and printed information.
Sarah’s art has been displayed in the Seattle Metals Guild and Bainbridge Arts & Craft exhibitions. Her work is sold at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art. To view her recent work, visit www.foggyroaddesigns.com.