Introduction to 3D Surface Modeling with Blender
Learn the basics of Blender, a powerful and versatile software for 3D modeling, animation, and rendering.
- Wed, 12/13/2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Go from “argh” to “aha!"
Blender is an extensive, open-source, 3D design software that has earned respect in the computer design industry for its scope, innovative artistic power, and community support. Unsurprisingly, it also has developed a reputation for having a steep learning curve.
By clearly presenting the user interface basics and valuable hot-key short-cuts, and resolutely focusing on just one aspect of Blenders’ enormous scope — 3D hard surface modeling — this class brings Blender under control and provides you with a solid platform for both immediate use with 3D print design in the Tech Lab, and for your own further exploration of the software and personal maker-goals.
- You must bring a laptop computer with a three-button mouse and a working copy of Blender already downloaded. This is critical as no computers are provided, and the design program does not work well with a trackpad. There will not be time during class to download the program.
- Blender is open source software and you can download and install a free copy from Blender.org.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides