Fiber Arts, Jewelry & Fine Metals
Advanced Macramé: Sennit Braiding
Learn a variety of braiding techniques to create a unique necklace.
- Sat, 12/16/2023 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sennit braids are created by plaiting strands together to create cording and trim and may be created with as few as two strands. Sennit braids have been used as ornamental additions on everything from garments and fashion accessories to nautical and architectural applications. Scaled down in size, sennit braids may be used in jewelry, too.
In the morning, you'll be introduced to the fundamentals of sennit braiding using nothing more than an old-fashioned clipboard and thin cording. In the afternoon, you'll be introduced to ideas and techniques for transforming sennit braids into jewelry.
- A materials fee of $5, included in the price of the class, covers everything you need.
- Participants can bring a stash of cord, yarn, and jewelry bits and bobs.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides