Woodworking Basics: Sanding and Abrasives
Explore equipment, tools, and abrasive media so you can make the best choices for your woodworking projects.
- Wed, 1/3/2024 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Do you ever get confused about which sanding tools or sandpaper to use on your projects? Do you want tips on how to remove milling marks, prepare for a stain finish, or take a surface to a polish?
This class, part of the Woodworking Basics series, explores the tools and abrasive media available in the Woodworking & Small Boatbuilding Studio and explains what works best in different circumstances. You can explore equipment from large to small, including your own hands.
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome
- Wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides