Woodworking Basics: Table Saw Techniques *Cancelled*
Get to know the table saw and learn how to use it — part of our Woodworking Basics Certificate program.
Thur, 1/18/2024 - Thur, 1/25/2024
We start this introductory class with the anatomy of the table saw and how to calibrate it to achieve precise cuts every time. Then we move on to skills like ripping wood, making miter cuts, and learning to make rabbets and dados.
By the end of this class, you'll have covered most of the cuts you'll ever make with a table saw. You'll have the skills and confidence to change blades, the know-how to ensure that your cuts are straight and square, and the understanding of how to cut pieces to size accurately and repetitively.
This class focuses on learning techniques, not building a class project.
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. Tie back long hair. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.