Dye Lab Orientation
Get oriented to the Dye Lab so you can use it independently for processes that require heat, water, chemistry, or a mess.
- Tue, 1/9/2024 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The Fiber Arts Studio's Dye Lab is set up for dyeing, printing, felting, fleece washing, and fiber or textile prep. But before you can use the lab on your own, you first need to attend orientation.
Once you have, you're welcome to reserve lab times to work on projects outside of a class setting. The orientation explains how to do this and more. The hour includes time for questions and discussion.
- If you're unsure whether you need this new orientation or if this monthly time slot doesn’t work for you, email surfacedesign.coordinator@
- Do not confuse this with the full Fiber Arts Studio Orientation - Activate Your Fob. Register for that orientation separately. The focus here is on lab use only.
- The orientation will be led by one of the Dye Lab operations team.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.