Jewelry & Fine Metals
Jewelry Open Studio
Work on class or personal projects in the fully equipped studio with a trained monitor on hand.
- Wed, 2/14/2024 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Open studio provides members and guests a collaborative environment to pursue self-directed work, whether it’s finishing projects from classes or work on independent projects. Tools and basic shop supplies are available, and a safety monitor is always on duty. No formal instruction is given.
- Registration is required.
- Registration closes the night before at 11:59 pm (11:59 pm Sundays for Monday evening open studios, and 11:59 pm Tuesdays for Wednesday afternoon open studios).
- There are seven spots available for general studio use and three spots for using the lapidary equipment. You can specify which type when you register.
A skills card identifying the tools and equipment you're cleared to worth with is required. You can acquire one by attending one of these classes:
- Introduction to Jewelry: Skills Class
- Introduction to the Jeweler's Torch
- Introduction to Lapidary: Cutting and Carving Stones
- Introduction to Enameling: Opaques
Jewelers with previous experience can request a skills assessment by emailing email@example.com
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- If no registrants arrive by the end of the first hour, the monitor may close the studio. If you know you'll arrive more than an hour after the start time, email the registrar by 11:59 pm the day before.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Karen has always loved to look at and collect jewelry, so when she took her first class in BARN's Jewelry Studio, she was hooked. She understands the importance of organization and working together to provide an atmosphere of safety, judicious use of resources, and enjoyment of the creative processes in crafting jewelry.