In this hands-on class, you will make practice cuts on wood that the shop will supply. Completing this class qualifies you to use the following tools during open studio time or in classes that have this as a prerequisite:
- Table saw
- Chop saw
- Drill presses
- This is a companion class to Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 2, which may be taken before or after this class.
- To use the shop, you also need to attend the free, one-hour Orientation to the Woodshop.
- Wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- You will get more out of this class if you first view videos that cover these tools. You can go back to these at any time to review safety protocols. Find them on the Woodworking & Small Boatbuilding Studio page.
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
You will shape a piece of wood using specific studio tools.
All needed materials will be provided.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides