This free orientation covers policies and etiquette in a community workshop, along with safety and the studio’s leadership structure.
The open studio experience is discussed as well as what the studio contributes to support members’ learning and project work.
Learning opportunities to help the studio run smoothly are provided. Volunteer jobs range from serving as safety monitors, assisting on community service projects, and helping on Monday Maintenance.
If you are new to woodworking, a basic series of classes is explained to help you begin your woodworking experience while using natural and sustainable materials to create with your hands.
- This class is free, but registration is required.
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
You will learn how our studio works and fulfill the orientation prerequisite for further use of the studio and classes.
Any materials used will be provided.
- Wear close-toed shoes.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides