Introduction to 3D Printing
Get introduced to 3D printing by seeing BARN's printers up close.
- Sat, 10/21/2023 10:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Gain an understanding of how BARN's 3D printers work. 3D printing has many uses, ranging from practical to fun, such as replacement parts, mold-making, medical models used in surgery, prototypes, and more.
- See a computer file get readied for printing in a process called "slicing."
- Learn about filament, the material 3D printers use to make prints.
- Start a print and see the printer actually print.
Bring your curiosity and questions. You can continue to use the 3D printers during open studio times when a studio monitor or other member can help you.
Ages 14 and up are welcome
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides