Woodworking, Metal Fabrication, Tech Lab
Fusion 360 Basics Intermediate
Unlock your Fusion 360 potential with our intermediate Fusion 360 course!
- Mon, 12/11/2023 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The intermediate level picks up where the beginner class left off when it comes to learning Fusion 360, a 3D design program that lets you turn designs into items of metal, wood, plastic, or molds. This is an incredibly powerful tool for designing 2D and 3D objects for visualization or for manufacturing on 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC (computer numerical control) machines, plasma cutters, and more.
You'll learn foundational, intermediate concepts like:
- Using advanced constraints and dimensions
- Using project and intercept in your sketches
- Understanding parametric design and good timeline management
- Designing parts to interface perfectly with existing hardware
- Rendering your work in brilliant detail
The course includes links to instructor notes and a collection of exercises to build your skills.
- This course will get you farther down the road to being a digital designer. Next, take the Advanced course to really drive it home.
- Bring a laptop with Fusion 360 already loaded. This is critical as no computers are provided, and the program does not work well with a trackpad. There will not be time during class to download the program.
- You can download a free trial directly from Fusion. Click "Get started" under the column "Fusion 360 for Personal Use." It will walk you through the process including creating an account and sending you a confirmation email.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's Cancellation and Refund Policy
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides