Jewelry & Fine Metals
Hydraulic Press Skills: Bangles, Plain and Fancy
Make several bangle bracelets out of heavy-gauge copper wire.
- Fri, 11/17/2023 1:00:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Apply the skills you already have for cutting and soldering metal to making bangle bracelets out of heavy-gauge copper wire. You’ll learn how to use bracelet mandrels to shape the wire into round or oval bangles. You can leave some of your bangles plain, and add a wavy pattern to others using a bangle die in the hydraulic press.
Skill Level: Beginning to Intermediate
- A $10 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers materials needed.
- Students should bring:
- Towels for drying metal and hands
- Pen, notebook, Ultra Fine-Point Sharpie or other pen that writes on metal
You must be able to cut, file, anneal, and solder metal.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- For your safety, please:
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- Tie back long hair
- Wear natural-fiber clothing
- Avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Hammond exhibits locally and nationally. Her work has been published in Metalsmith magazine’s Exhibition in Print. She is a member of the Seattle Metals Guild and an active volunteer and instructor at BARN.