Woodworking, Metal Fabrication, Tech Lab
Fusion 360 Basics Advanced *Cancelled*
Take your design skills even further with this third and final installment of our Fusion 360 Basics training series.$MC:ASSN_EVENTFUNCTIONS_BYDATE_PLC$
9/6/2023 - 9/8/2023
Learn advanced concepts like:
- Using 3D sketch to think outside the box
- Projecting a sketch to a surface
- Automated modeling to let Fusion fill in the blanks
- Mesh modeling for modifying designs you found online
- Joints, animations, and contact sets
- Design scripting (including asking ChatGPT to do it for you!)
- Sheet metal environment for foldable builds
Additionally, you'll get brief introductions to:
- The plastic environment
- The electronic workspace
- Generative design concepts
This course includes links to instructor notes and a collection of exercises to build your skills. The format will primarily be a lecture with a bit of time near the end of each session for hands-on practice and questions.
This course will graduate you from the Fusion 360 Basics series with strong skills in digital design. Next, bring some more creativity to your design skills by taking Fusion 360 Organic Shapes where you'll work on using surface and forms modeling.
Bring a laptop with Fusion 360 already loaded. This is critical as no computers are provided, and the program does not work well with a trackpad. There will not be time during class to download the program.
You can download a free trial directly from Fusion. Click "Get started" under the column "Fusion 360 for Personal Use." It will walk you through the process including creating an account and a confirmation email.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.