Jewelry & Fine Metals
Hydraulic Press Skills: Forming Cuff Bracelets
Learn how to use the hydraulic press and create cuff bracelets.
- Thur, 10/12/2023 12:30:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Thur, 10/19/2023 12:30:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Thur, 10/12/2023 - Thur, 10/19/2023
Using the hydraulic press and specially-designed forming dies, you can create synclastic and anticlastic cuff bracelets. These dies allow you to design and finish your cuff first and then form it into a cuff without distorting the design.
Skill Level: Beginning to Intermediate
- A $25 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers the materials needed.
- Students should bring:
- Towels for drying metal and hands
- Pen, notebook, Ultra Fine-Point Sharpie
You must be able to:
- Cut metal using a jeweler's saw and a bench shear
- Anneal and file metal
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- For your safety, please:
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- Tie back long hair
- Wear natural-fiber clothing
- Avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Hammond exhibits locally and nationally. Her work has been published in Metalsmith magazine’s Exhibition in Print. She is a member of the Seattle Metals Guild and an active volunteer and instructor at BARN.